Thursday, March 19, 2009

Maybe We Should All Plant More Trees!

I love the earth... but I'm not what you would call earthy.

I went tree shopping today. For my lunch hour. With the Nurse. And Jonas and Teya. This is not my first time tree shopping. Not by a long shot. The Nurse has taken me tree shopping several times. Sometimes, if I sit and think about it, I cannot believe how many trees I have purchased. By my count, we have about twenty in our yard right now. They are all very, very young (we put the front yard in mostly last year and will hopefully get most of the side yard and back yard done this summer).

We bought five more today. No, seriously. Stop laughing. We really did.

I'm certain that the Nurse is on a personal mission to counter the deforestation of the Amazon rain forests. Bless her heart!


This is one of the lucky ones to come home with us. It's a pussywillow salix curly locks... I guess. May it find all the peace and happiness it's looking for while living in my yard. I'm so excited to dig a gigantice hole in the rocky Santaquin soil for it. Really excited. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment