
Well, well, well. It’s a brand frickin’ New Year. The pressure for New Year’s resolutions is intense. Everyone is all snoopy wanting to know what each others resolutions are. People at work make it common knowledge what they are resolving to change.
Doesn’t seem like that would work for everyone… ?
I mean, most people resolve to change bad habits, make themselves better. So like, you don’t want that as public knowledge, I mean, right? Like what if you’re a serial killer? You’re not going to be chatting it up at the water cooler at work and be all like, “Well Bob, this year I have recommitted myself to stop killing people, dismembering their bodies and burying them in the woods.”
Long pause.
“And, finally kick this spare tire! by dropping fifteen pounds. My cholesterol is WAY up and the doctor is really riding me to get it down, so…”
Come on! Bob doesn’t want to know that!
So, go change something horrible about yourself, but maybe keep it to yourself…
Gross.
Happy New Year t’all!
I had resolved not to be insulted by everything you represent, but I already broke that resolution.
ReplyDelete