This... this makes me feel silly, and sad really, for the fact that I sit at a desk and stare at a computer all day long...
The Birth Of A Tool. Part I. Axe Making (by John Neeman Tools) from John Neeman Tools on Vimeo.
Gorgeous video.
I wish so badly that I knew a trade.
Such a cool video. It and your post makes me think of Gary Snyder's poem "Axe Handles". Check it out. http://homepages.sover.net/~nichael/nlc-poetry/gs1.html
ReplyDeleteIt sure changes your perspective of the value that even simple, everyday possessions used to have. Mom and I were actually just talking the other day how in our technological and industrial advances we've lost a connection with what our work really means. We've stopped working for our livelihoods and started working for money.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, cool video. Loved it.
Okay, I just went back through your blog (I'm stalking you) and read your posts on your wood projects from last year. And I love Jaime's benches, and your bookcase is awesome. And I just want you to build me something. Something awesome. I don't know what yet. But I'll think of something. Actually, what I really want to do is have you teach me. I almost took a woodworking class this winter, but the schedule didn't quite work out. But you can teach me instead! This summer! Cuz, you don't have enough to do . . .
ReplyDeleteWaiting...When will post one land?
ReplyDelete